What is a Special Rate Override?
This tutorial will explain what a special rate override is and what it can be used for.
You are able to override any of your rate sheets for a specific period of time by a percentage (%).
Open the special rate overrides in setup.
If you're not sure how to do this, please check this tutorial on how to find this section in the setup.
What is it used for?
This facility allows you to increase or decrease your rates by a percentage for any period of time or season. This can be done either for a specific rate sheet and therefore all of the channels linked to that rate sheet, or it could be done for just one channel.
You can setup different types of overrides that dictate when the override would be enforced. Learn more about the types of special rate overrides here.
Remember that some channels require that your ensure rate parity across all channels. Be careful not to make your rates different on competing channels.
When would I need to make use of this?
- If you would like to increase or decrease your rates temporarily without manually changing the rates that you've setup in your rate sheet.
- To offer your guests a discount when they book far in advance so you fill up beds far in advance.
- To offer your guests a discount if they booking last minute so that you can fill up beds that would have gone empty otherwise.
- To be able to setup one override rule that would be applicable for multiple dates (public holidays).
- To be able to override the standard rates for short periods of time (Easter weekend, Christmas, New Years, etc.).
It is important to remember that when creating an Early Bird or Last minute special it can not be displayed yet on certain channels.