TravelIT - Our Biggest Corporate Channel
We hope you will soon be receiving lots of bookings through TravelIT, our largest corporate travel partner.
TravelIT is a corporate booking tool for some very well known South African companies.
We're inundated with requests from corporates wanting to book B&Bs, Guest Houses and Lodges. The agents are looking to access live availability, to meet the demand of their corporate clients who need to make instant bookings at short notice. TravelIT has approached NightsBridge in order to partner with us so that we can provide them with the live availability and direct online booking facility.
This will really help you to fill up beds that would otherwise have been empty.
How bookings work
The bookings will be made through TravelIT and will show up in your booking system as per normal when you synchronise with the NightsBridge server.
However, the bookings will still need to be authorised by a supervisor in the corporate company.
NightsBridge will send you an email to advise that you have received a new booking from TravelIT.
The email will read as follows:
"Subject: TravelIT notice of booking for booking ID..............
This email represents the beginning of the TravelIT payment process for the following booking:
Within 24 hours you will either get a voucher confirming the booking with a payment request link or a cancellation."
Within 24 hours one of two things will happen:
1. The booking will be authorised, meaning it has been 100% re-confirmed by the authorising department at the company involved, and an email will be sent to you with a link to a voucher confirming the booking with a link for processing of payment.
The email will read as follows:
"Subject: TravelIT confirmation for booking ID.................
TravelIT has confirmed the following booking:
NEW PAYMENT PROCESS FOR TRAVELIT
- Payment is no longer automatic.
- On the day of check-out, you need to click on the payment link on the voucher (details below) and submit the final amount.
- Payment will then be immediately made via NightsBridge.
TravelIT Voucher Link"
2. You will receive an email notifying you of the cancellation of the booking.
The email will read as follows:
"Subject: TravelIT cancellation of booking ID.................
TravelIT has cancelled the following booking:
This booking has not been authorised by TravelIT and needs to be cancelled.
Please remember to manually cancel the booking from your NightsBridge booking system and synchronise."
If the booking is a same day booking it should be confirmed (link to voucher received) or cancelled within 4 hours.
As you know in corporate travel, dates change, meals are not used, etc. This is why we are changing the way payments will be handled for all TravelIT bookings going forward.
There is now only ONE way that payment can happen - NightsBridge Settles.
However, the payment process for each booking will differ slightly, as follows:
- NightsBridge Settles Room and Specified Allowances
- NightsBridge Settles Room and Allowances
- NightsBridge Settles - Long Stay
As before, you will receive an email with a link to a voucher when the booking is confirmed.
Each payment process has a different voucher with specific billing instructions.
Make sure that you read through the Important Billing Instructions on the voucher so that you understand the payment process for the booking.
Voucher 1: NightsBridge Settles Room and Specified Allowances
Voucher 2: NightsBridge Settles Room and Allowances
Voucher 3: NightsBridge Settles - Long Stay
For longer stays of 7 days or more, multiple payments may be requested from TravelIT several times throughout the duration of the guest's stay, as long as the payments add up to the total amount due for the days stayed since check-in and do not exceed this amount. This means that after 7 days of a 16 night booking have passed, for example, you can request payment from TravelIT for partial or full payment for the 7 days of stay which have already passed - but you may not request payment for the rest of the days booked until those days have passed. You can only start requesting payment from TravelIT for long stay bookings of 7 days or more from at least 7 days after the date of check-in.
How to request payment
On the voucher, look out for the wording "Click HERE on day of check-out, to process payment." (see screenshots above)
On or after the date of check-out (for shorter stays of up to 7 days), or at least 7 days after the date of check-in (for longer stays of 7 days or more), you will need to click on the payment claim link on the voucher to open the TravelIT payment process form where you can request payment for the booking.
NightsBridge will send an email reminder to you on the day of the guest's departure and every day after that until the payment has been processed.
The email will read as follows:
"Subject: TravelIT check-out reminder for booking ID.................
CHECK-OUT REMINDER EMAIL
Please take note the following booking's payment can be processed. In order to get paid, click on the Payment links below.
If you are not sure of the amount, check the Voucher URL.
TravelIT Voucher Link
TravelIT Payment Link
If you do not click on this link, we cannot swipe the card and pay you."
Link opens TravelIT registration form (first time)
On the page that opens when you click on the link, you will be required to do a once-off registration and log in, so that the system recognizes you next time you click on the payment link on a voucher from TravelIT.
TravelIT payment process page
Once you have registered and logged in, a payment process page will open.
The various fields will automatically be filled in with the amounts which appear on the booking confirmation voucher.
What should you do?
- Follow the Important Billing Instructions on the voucher.
If the instructions state that accommodation and all extras (allowances) will be fully covered in the payment process but you can adjust totals on the check-out screen, then if the actual accommodation, parking and/or extras amounts and invoice total differ from the amounts which appear on the voucher, you can manually enter the correct amount/s into the relevant fields.
- If one night of the booking was cancelled and therefore the amounts charged for accommodation, parking and/or extras are lower than originally booked, or
- If a booking was extended and therefore the amounts charged for accommodation, parking and/or extras are higher than originally booked, or
- If the guest had an extra drink, etc.
However, if the instructions state that accommodation and extras used as shown on the voucher will be fully covered in the payment process and additional extras are the guest’s own responsibility, then the accommodation, parking and/or extras amounts and invoice total which were automatically filled into the relevant fields must remain the same and the property will need to charge the guest directly on check-out for any additional extras which do not appear on the voucher.
Otherwise, if the amounts which were automatically entered into these fields are correct, you don't need to make any changes.
- Click on PROCESS PAYMENT.
What happens next?
- TravelIT receives the payment request.
- TravelIT immediately sends NightsBridge confirmation of the Invoice Total amount, plus virtual credit card details for this amount.
- NightsBridge deducts the Invoice Total amount from these credit card details.
- NightsBridge issues an invoice for TravelIT according to the Invoice Total amount which was filled in.
- NightsBridge pays you the next day, less the following charges:
- 10% admin fee (only calculated on the value of accommodation booked, excluding extras).
- Credit card fees/commission (American Express and Diners Club cards mainly used).
- Bank transfer fee of R3.25 per transaction.
How do I see the amount paid over into my bank account?
Have a look at this tutorial for a reminder on how to get a breakdown of payments which have been made to you by NightsBridge.
If the credit card details have not been processed for payment within 7 days of departure, TravelIT will send you a reminder email.
Remember the following important details:
- We cannot process the credit card details and pay you for the booking until the TravelIT payment process page has been submitted.
- Payment is now processed on or after the date of the guest's departure for shorter stays (up to 7 days), or at least 7 days after the date of the guest's arrival for longer stays (7 days or more) - not on the date of arrival, as before.
- For long stay bookings of 7 days and more, payment can be processed on day 7 for the previous 7 days.
- So for a 16 day booking, you can request a payment every 7 days and a final payment on the day of check-out. Or you can process the full amount on the day of check-out.
- You can only process payment for accommodation already used.
You might be tempted to insist that your cancellation policy is adhered to in case a booking is not reconfirmed. However, if the voucher was never received, it was never authorised by the supervisor and the cancellation policy will not be implemented.
The bookings are usually made quite close to the arrival date (and will be reconfirmed or cancelled within 48 hours), so it would really be filling up empty rooms and not stopping other bookings from coming in.
For bookings that had been confirmed (voucher received) and then cancelled, the cancellation policy will apply. You can decide how strict you want to be regarding the implementation of this, depending on the corporates booking with you and the relationship you want to establish with them.
If a booking is cancelled and cancellation fees are applicable, you can still request payment of the cancellation fees via the TravelIT payment process page.
We do not think the cancellations will have material impact, but if you are concerned, then please let us know and we will remove your property from the booking list.
Frequently Asked Questions
In all instances, properties should always contact NightsBridge first with any queries.
Q: Why am I receiving bookings through TravelIT?
You selected the Corporates & Agents 15 channel on the NightsBridge Links Manager.
Q: What are the benefits of being linked to TravelIT?
- NightsBridge settles payment for the booking, so no invoices need to be sent. We create the invoice and send it to TravelIT on your behalf.
- You get paid the day after the guest's departure for shorter stays (up to 7 days), or at least 7 days after the guest's arrival for longer stays (7 days or more) - most corporates usually pay 30/60 days after booking arrival.
- Increase in last minute booking, filling up gaps.
- Only 10% admin fee (calculated on the value of accommodation booked, excluding extras) + bank charges.
Q: I received a TravelIT booking, but have not been paid yet?
TravelIT bookings are paid the day after the guest's departure for shorter stays (up to 7 days), or at least 7 days after the guest's arrival for longer stays (7 days or more), not prior to this.
Q: I have extras that need to be settled. How do I get payment for the extras?
Any extras listed on the booking confirmation voucher will be settled as per the TravelIT payment process as detailed in this tutorial.
If the billing instructions on the voucher state that all extras (allowances) will be fully covered in the payment process and you can adjust totals on the check-out screen, then the cost of any extras not listed on the voucher (i.e. extra meals and drinks, extra nights, extra guests and/or room upgrades) can be added to the existing totals which have automatically been entered into the relevant fields on the TravelIT payment process page.
However, if the billing instructions on the voucher state that additional extras are the guest’s own responsibility, then the guest will be responsible for paying any additional costs for extras which have not been included on the voucher.
Q: The voucher says breakfast / dinner is included but the guest does not want to eat?
Under no circumstances are you expected to give cash to the guest. If he/she chooses not to eat on the allowances paid for, he/she needs to take that up with the company making the booking.
Q: I cannot find the voucher. Where can I get it from?
Log into the NightsBridge Owner's Login (WebView) and click on the booking in the calendar. Once it has been opened, click on the link under the booking details which says "Click for Voucher". The voucher will now be downloaded.
Have a look at this tutorial for a reminder on how to log into the NightsBridge Owner's Login (WebView).
Q: A voucher was never received (booking was not confirmed), but the guest stayed. How do I get paid?
This is rare, but it might happen. If it does, send us the invoice for the booking with a brief explanation to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send it to the relevant person for payment.
Q: TravelIT cancelled a booking at the last minute - I want to charge a full cancellation fee.
The corporates are aware of the cancellation policies, but as with corporate travel, sometimes bookings are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
We do ask you to be as lenient as possible as we want to encourage more bookings from them. They do totally understand if you were full and have turned bookings away.
Q: Is my deposit, booking and cancellation policy, child policy and rates and/or terms and conditions displayed to the agent on booking?
Yes, your policies, terms and conditions are always displayed to the agent who is making the booking before they confirm it - please see screenshot below:
Please email your query to email@example.com